Saturday, May 22, 2010

Auf Wiedersehen

Today I am leaving to Berlin. I am leaving the husband and the pups at home. I am nervous about not taking Charlie, but I think that it would be more stressful to explain to everyone in Germany that he is a service dog. Sadly the ADA doesn't follow you into foreign countries.

I am going to Berlin for a two week school program to study the art and museum management. I plan on eating lots of chocolate and avoiding nasty sausages.

If you know what I should eat or do on my free time please comment so I can enjoy.

Much love, Leah


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Jana's Family said...

I'm jealous you get to go to Germany. I think your fears about explaining Charlie to the Germans might be unfounded. . . when we lived there, our thinking was that they esteem dogs higher than children. Dogs were allowed in restaurants when children weren't! No, I'm not kidding.

There is some kind of transportation museum there where we were able to see a railroad transport car (I don't remember what they are called) that was used to transport Jews during the holocaust. Checkpoint Charlie is a must-see. And the Berlin Hard Rock is my favorite hard rock of all. . . . they played the best music there!

Enjoy your trip!