Friday, July 30, 2010

Cupcakes for Dinner

In my fantasy life I am Julia Child with the ability to whip up the most decadent of treats and meals with ease and pleasure. Alas, as many of you many know, I am not a chef, or a baker or even a cook. I really hate doing it. I am not sure if it is that every time I try the food seems to not taste as good as when Paul makes it or that sometimes my cooking just really tastes horrendous.

So last night Paul wanted to make red velvet cake from scratch (honestly who makes anything from scratch) but it was kind of late and we were at the grocery store and I insisted on buying the Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix and Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting, as well as, all the ingredients so he could make red velvet cake from scratch another night.

So my fabulous husband makes me red velvet cupcakes last night before going to bed and all day I have been eating them. So tonight for dinner Paul was busy at work and like I was going to cook anything, so instead I had cupcakes for dinner!


Mom, please don't be mad-- I did at least put a raspberry on top so I would get my fruit food group.

Happy Weekend! Eat a cupcake!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

EAT ONE FOR ME!!!! I love cupcakes. Especially red velvet ones. And if I had a guy offering to make me ones from scrath I wouldn't be trying to talk him out of it :) Gotta take what you can get chick-a-dee!