Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Homemade Fall Wheat Wreath

I have wanted a beautiful fall wreath for quite sometime now.  I looked at several stores and either found ones that I loved that were too expensive or ones I could afford and I thought were nasty ugly.  So I decided to make my own, which is the one pictured above.  I was inspired by these Martha Stewart wreaths below.

For The Fall Bride... :  wedding natchez themes Msowhtw

This is how I did it.

1. Bought a Grapevine Wreath from Hobby Lobby. Mine was 14" in diameter and it cost me $2.70 cause they were having a sale. SCORE.  Normally they cost $4.
Grapevine Wreath
2. Bunch of Wheat (I got mine at Tai Pan) for $3
3. Ribbon

Cut the wheat stem to be about 6 inches long (not including the wheat flower part). Randomly stick the wheat into the wreath and try to lay it flat so the wheat pieces don't stick up weird. Remember to continually go in the same direction with you wheat.  It took me about 20 minutes to do, so it is fast and I think looks pretty cute for only costing like $6. Tie the ribbon on and BAM you are done.






2 comments:

Shari said...

Very Cute Leah can you make me one?

memory said...

this is such a cute wreath! this would look great on MY front door! haha
happy day! :)