Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Football With the Boys

 http://www.keyframeonline.com/piq/animprofile/952_b.jpg


I have always wanted to play Thanksgiving football.  It just looks like so much fun.  Sadly, I have never had anyone to play with. Usually it is a bunch of guys grunting and scratching and they think "Not a chance are we letting a girl play with us. She will probably break a nail and cry."

But today was different.  Today I actually got to play football with the boys. I was the only girl and I did a pretty good job. I had to guard Paul, which was really fun and I even tagged (ok maybe pushed) him just in front of the end zone which caused him to slide on his face and he was covered from head-to-toe in mud. Yeah me!  He didn't score though.  My team was proud that not only am I tough but that I can run pretty fast.  I was also laid out flat. I was chasing Paul and he weaved between two guys and we all colided. That hurt a bit-but I shook it off. Also,  I was even thrown the ball-and I caught it.  Yeah me for not looking like a totally "girl".

So today I am grateful for all the guys who let me play football. You made my Thanksgiving. 

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Wish we could've been there to see that and play too. Sounds like a blast. Miss and love u!