Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake


This may sound sick, but it is actually very delicious.

This is my dad's favorite cake and he requests it every year for his birthday and I thought I would share it.

3/4 cup Mayo
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup water
1 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup melted chocolate
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

Place the dates and nuts in a bowl. Bring the 1 cup of water to a boil and pour it over the dates and nuts and let it sit. Cream the mayo with the melted chocolate, sugar, and cinnamon.

Creat flour mixture by sifting flour and add salt and soda and sift again.

Add flour mixture to the cream mixture and then add the nut mixture (do not drain-nuts and dates will absorb most of the water).

Bake in a 9x13 pan at 350 got 30 min.

We always top it with whipped cream, but I am sure ice cream or frosting would be yummy too!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

oh I love this cake!!!! good traditions :)