Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Big Brother

Aaron Michael Sutliff
August 27



Growing up and growing old is so much fun when it means that you get along with your sibling more and more. When Aaron and I were young, I believe it is safe to say that we had a intense love/hate relationship. Aaron tells a story that when he was like 8 and I was 5, we were playing and he made me mad. He says I looked him dead in the eyes and then I punched myself as hard as I could in the face and started screaming "Mom, Aaron hit me." Aaron was grounded for like a week for that one.

So sorry Aaron for all the times I got you in trouble.

One of my favorite memories is singing the National Anthem at his hockey games. He was always so proud of me and supportive of my singing. Every time after I would sing, he would skate over to me and hug me and give me a hockey puck.


These are some words I think of when I think of Aaron...

Protector. Jokester. Hockey Player. Dedicated. RESILIENT. Affectionate. Passionate. Hard Worker. Honest. Fisherman. Loyal. Friend. Brother. Son. Outstanding Father. Soldier. Pain in the Butt. Opinionated. Smart. MBA. FAMILY. Grounded.

Thanks for always wanting to kill all the boys I dated and thank you even more for not wanting or tying to kill Paul.



Here is a picture of a Caribou that my brother hunted in Alaska a couple of weeks ago. I am not really one for hunting, but my brother had a great time in Nome, AK and some surrounding native villages visiting a friend and hunting and fishing and probably farting and scratching.

He says it was an amazing experience he will remember for the rest of his life. This caribou is part of the Western Arctic Caribou Herd which is approximately 490,000 strong.


Aaron and his boy Hayden...like father like son. Cute.

Happy Birthday.
LOVE YOU.


1 comment:

Aimee said...

love the post! You forgot Old and Wimp as a couple of your words :) Happy Birthday little bro!