Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eat. Pray. Love 2


Saw Eat Pray Love today with my fabulous sister Aimee and we both dragged our husbands along. I had totally forgotten that my bro-in-law isn't a Julia Roberts fan, and that is putting it lightly, so it was a bit comedic as she was in every single scene of the movie. I adore Julia, so I loved that she was in every scene.

I really enjoyed the delightful treat of journeying through Italy, India, and Indonesia-it was the best eye candy next to the sexy James Franco (David) and Javier Bardem (Felipe). Julia Roberts did a beautiful job portraying Liz Gilbert. I do wish that they could have portrayed the pain and loneliness she truly experienced and expressed so eloquently in her book. I feel like that was missing in the movie. I also thought the movie was a bit long since it was like 2 hours and 15 minutes or so.

Has anyone else seen it yet? Any thoughts. Here are some great images from the movie.



L’Antica Pizzeria Da Michele in Naples, Italy (I have eaten here, yummy!)




Author Elizabeth Gilbert

1 comment:

Aaron Smith said...

Some of the timelines in the movie were a bit confusing and it did lack a the emotional depth the title eludes to, but it was not boring and never dull. I think if the editing were better it could have been much more impactful and 30 minutes shorter.

Only real unfortunate part was the terrifying nightmares resulting from seeing the Flip-Top head creature on a big screen